8.30.2012

On the Road Again.

Yup, it has been a while. I can only offer the usual lame excuses,but to many irons in the fire and not enough hours in the day pretty much sum it up. So here I sit, several thousand mile away from my beloved bride, my girls, and my cherished little isle. I sit here in another airport bar/eatery waiting on some fried haddock and sippin' a Back Bay IPA. Good thing about chilling at the airports is that I get to chew my cud and ponder where I have been; what I seen, and what I have heard. Over the past week 'n half I have loitered in several location twixt home and down east. I will admit traveling during the end of an election year is more than interesting. There will never be a time when you will witness so many people willing to discuss a subject long thought the eternal taboo/party foul. Yep, politics is the topic, and it is rocking! Maybe it is that so many are so disillusioned. Maybe it is simply that we are hoping to actually have a say and make the changes we were promised so long ago. Add a flat screen to almost every location a person can visit and even the cattle chutes at the TSA check points become a Petri dish of political commentary; and I absolutely love it. I am hearing a lot of opinions, contemplations, and solutions. All have similar things in common;, dissatisfaction & mistrust. There are two common thoughts. One is fire the man in charge cause he didn't deliver or, keep him in so he can finish what he started and save us all. Honestly from what I am hearing, it is hard to believe that the polls truly reflect what might happen come November. So my friends on the west coast think I have jumped a train I was never on and cling to my arm in an effort to pull me back on. The folks down east are praying for my liberal soul in disbelief as to what I have become. That is until I tell them where I am. We asked for change and placed our faith in a smooth talking lad from Chi-town. Well I guess that isn't working out so well. Is it because the man was naive? Perhaps his policies really are just rhetoric and based on liberal beliefs proved unsuccessful years ago. I dunno. Maybe, just maybe he was hobbled by a bunch of self serving, job protectionists. Maybe they have become so immersed in the powerful and sinfully accepting environment we allow them to work in, that the goal has become irrelevant and replaced by the status quo; theirs that is. Maybe that could mean the new guy is not going to be any more effective if the pack simply turns on him the minute he disagrees with the party politic. One thing I do know, if he does take the crown and wants to be effective, he will have to disagree with both parties, broker compromise, and save the middle class. Truth is, probably not going to happen. This is not a matter of cutting the head off a snake to destroy the body. This is more like pruning the Hydra. The many heads of the house and senate need to go. Sure the more you cut off the more that will come back. That is OK, that is what is supposed to happen. Off with the old head and in with the new! That said; change the oil. Replace 'em all. Throw the newest, wackiest freshmen/women into the martini shaker and toss it up! What could possibly hurt that we can't undo next time around. Put the "experiment" back in the grand experiment that was the dream of our founding fathers. If you are not ready for that, at least get off the couch and go vote. Just vote your conscience and not what the media thinks it is. Ask hard questions folks and expect real answers. Peace.

2 comments:

kodiakgriff said...

Thank you for your comments! Sorry to say I do not have a way to support e-mail subscriptions. Please keep checking though!

aarongrey112 said...

Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back. Thanks!

Aaron Grey
aarongrey112@gmail.com