7.19.2008

Nothing in Particular

WOW! has it really been that long since my last post? I guess I am filled with summer time projects.
I have been researching the state web trying to get some facts on lawsuits against the borough, painful at best. FYI, you can't get anything more current than March at this time.
I am still waiting patiently for some citizen to lay that recall petition on the table. I don't think it's gonna happen. sure, I could do it, but would negate the main purpose behind my rants. I was hoping that someone on our beloved island would jump in and feel the power of participation. We all want to change the world; but it needs to start in the neighborhood. With the prez' elections looming in the future, how can we enable change if we cannot enact change in our own town?
Ah; enough of this obviously dead horse.
What has happened that has warmed my heart?
The local fish wrap
has highlighted troop 626 for building bridges. The local gathering last weekend pulling invasive weeds on Near island, Friday there was an actual sports piece on a local boy doin' it right! Steven Pillans is tearing up the tracks all around the state. I have had the pleasure of watching this young man race for several years. Stay strong Steven! You are showing this state that Kodiak has more to offer than most thought.
Lastly, get out tonite and help celebrate the anniversary of biggest hazard to navigation in Kodiak. McSkank and the crew will be ripping it out at Tony's. Personally this is my favorite local band and one of my favorite watering holes.
Me; I am going to spend some time teaching my granddaughter to fish over the next couple of weeks, so I'll check in when I can.
keep up the good work Ishmael, I love the KoKon.
Peace
Griff

1 comment:

Ishmael said...

Thanks for the kind words, Griff!

I heard a number of recall petitions have been requested from the Borough Clerk's Office, but I haven't heard of any being returned....